Senior Group Accountant (IFRS)
This is an opportunity for a qualified senior accountant to demonstrate not only their accountancy skills but also their ability to analyze and use data to help to inform business decisions. The post holder will need to have a strong financial accounting background with an ability to take a role in our Group Accounting Team at BMZ Group.
You will be involved in all aspects of finance to support the team as well as having drive and the ability to manage stakeholders effectively through face to face communications.
What will you be doing?
- Preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements, the half-yearly and annual external reporting according to IFRS
- Be the first point of contact for all accounting-related questions for the subsidiaries, regional teams and auditors
- Global roll-out of the best accounting practices
- Act as a sparring partner for any IFRS-related accounting questions.
- Review and analysis of the monthly IFRS-reporting packages of the segment entities
- Ensure Group reporting policies are applied appropriately and consistently
What do we expect?
- Evidence of having taken a business partner approach of using financial data to drive key decision making
- Experience of working in an audit environment would be beneficial as would time in both practice and industry
- To be technically strong in preparing financial statements combined with a solid knowledge of IFRS, consolidations and working with cash flow reporting is essential.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and liaising with key stakeholders within a business
- Experience of working in a financial planning and analysis role would be advantageous.
- You studied business economics/administration with a focus on Finance/Accounting/Controlling
- Proficient knowledge of English
- Optional German
Job Location: Karlstein am Main [near Frankfurt am Main]